Otolaryngologist (ENT) and Phoniatrist
- Institute for Advanced Study of the Communication Proces¬ses, Univ. of Florida, Gainesville, U.S.A., 1978
- Chair Phoniatrics and Pedaudiology Charité, 1990
- Founding Member, Board of Directors, World Voice Consortium, 1992
- Honorary member International Association of TransVoice Surgeons, 2022
* Dresden 1930. ENT and phoniatrics (in Halle with Pfau, in Prague with Seeman), 1969-1995 Head Phoniatric Dept. Charité Berlin, Sen. Res. Fellow Univ. of Florida, Gainesville. Ca. 300 publications (mainly on voice); sen. author “Lehrbuch der Phoniatrie und Pädaudiologie, Thieme, 4rd ed. 2005, coauthor to W. Seidner “Die Sängerstimme”, Henschel, 4th ed. 2004, lectures around the globe. Secretary General UEP 1983-92, Chairman IFOS Committee on Phoniatrics and Voice Care 1985-97, Counsellor to IFOS, Founding Member World Voice Consortium, Member CoMeT.
Memberships & Publications
Wendler J (1990). Vocal pitch raising after transsexualism male to female. Abstr. XVIth UEP Congress, Salsomaggiore, p. 65
Wendler J (1994). Pitch raising by shortening of the glottis. 3rd Intern. Symp. Phonosurgery, Kyoto, p. 14
Wendler J (1994). Video: Glottoplasty for Raising Pitch. SVHS, 7 min.
Wendler J, Mainka A (2022). Wendler-Glottoplasty. Video-Interview, 15 min.
1974 – 1978 Founding President, Section Phoniatrics, East-Germany
1978 – 1989 Chairman “Phoniatrics”, Academy Postgradual Medical Education, East-Germany
1976 – 1977 President, UEP
1983 – 1992 General Secretary, UEP
1989 – 1997 Chairman, “Phoniatrics and Voice Care”, IFOS
1997 Counsellor, IFOS
1980 Member, CoMeT
1992 Member, Council International Association of Phonosurgeons
1994 – 2012 Founding Member, Board of Directors, World Voice Consortium